Commercial Wheelchair Lifts to Overcome Barriers to Access in Public Buildings
All commercial facilities have to comply with the mandates of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Commercial wheelchair lifts are ideal for maintaining ADA compliance. These systems provide barrier-free access in public buildings, allowing users to travel up and down without getting out of the wheelchair. Ideal for use in all commercial buildings such as schools, universities, office buildings, churches, auditoriums, colleges and common areas in multi-family dwelling units, this accessibility device provides wheelchair users with a great sense of independence. National Seating & Mobility offers premium quality commercial wheelchair lifts integrated with high-end features and custom options to suit individual needs. Top models come with several standard features such as –
- Emergency stop
- Fixed ramp
- Bottom platform safety panel
- Automatic folding ramp (unenclosed unit only)
- Audio/visual alarm and keyed
- Top/bottom limit switches
- Weather protected controls and switches
Wheelchair Lifts – Top Models
Customers can choose from safe and comfortable wheelchair lifts from industry leader Bruno:
- 3-Gate Commercial VPL – With a total lifting capacity of 750 lbs, this Bruno wheelchair lift comes with top/bottom limit switches and upper/lower final limit safety switches. It provides a full barrier at the lower landing with no access under the lift for maximum safety. The top landing gate includes call/send controls with key and mechanical interlock or electrical strike interlock (ESI). With a quiet, smooth ACME screw-driven DC motor with continuous charge battery operation for performance even during power outages, this lift can travel to a height of 53 inches.
- Unenclosed Commercial VPL – This ADA-compliant space saving model comes with weather-protected controls for indoor or outdoor applications. The device provides access up to a height of 60″ and comes with a total load capacity of 750 lbs. It can accommodate several platform sizes and configurations. Other features include – paddle landing controls, automatic self-lowering folding ramp, power assisted door/gate operator and flush mount doors with interlock system.
- Enclosed Commercial VPL – Featuring an aesthetically-pleasing design with full size Plexiglases door and panel insert, this self-contained, light weight model is quite easy to install as it does not require hoist-way/shaft-way to be constructed. The lift can accommodate several platform sizes and configurations. A reliable, quiet ACME screw-driven DC motor with full-time battery operation offers access even during power outages.
Partner with a Reliable Dealer
If you are planning to buy a commercial wheelchair lift, locate a reliable dealer in accessibility products. National Seating & Mobility provides professional support for hassle-free installation as well as maintenance support to keep your commercial mobility equipment in excellent working condition.
Did you know that 55% of all senior fall injuries happen inside their house?* As people age, they often lose some level of mobility, strength,…
Talking to your aging loved ones about their mobility challenges can be difficult. After all, you’ve likely spent your whole life seeking advice from your…
How NSM client Brandon Winfield is using technology to help make the world more accessible As creator of the iAccess.Life app, Brandon Winfield is used…