Top Benefits of Installing Residential Stair lifts
Many people experience mobility problems with age. For seniors or elderly people, obstacles like stairs around their homes can become too difficult to navigate due to limited mobility; weakened muscles and lack of stability. When the stairs become a challenge, many seniors may consider downsizing to a single-level home or moving into a retirement living facility. Installing a stair lift provides a quick and cost-effective solution to these issues.
Over recent years, stair chair lifts have become a preferred option for the elderly and other people with limited mobility. The user can sit comfortably on a seat that takes them up and down the steps through a rail. Here are some important benefits of installing a residential stair lift –
- Restores Independence – With the installation of a stair lift, people with mobility issues can regain their independence and freedom as the lift will provide a safe and easy way access to the basement or upper level of the home. They can enjoy peace of mind they can travel up or down the stairs quickly and comfortably at the push of a button.
- Enhanced Safety – Stair chair lifts provide a safe way to use the stairs at home. Most stair lift models are equipped with safety features like safety belts and a comfortable chair that provide a safe ride. The lift stops operating if there is any obstruction in its path or if you have not placed the armrest and footrest in the right position. Most stairlifts also come with a lock switch that prevents the chair from being used by other people especially children. The railing of the stairlift is installed into the wall so there are no chances of the user falling.
- Do Not Occupy Much Space – Stair chair lifts are fixed close to the edge between the stairs and the wall. They take up as little space as possible, allowing other people to walk up and down the stairs. Most stairlifts have foldable chairs and footrest which can be easily folded away when the chair is at the top or bottom of the staircase.
- Easy to Use – Stairlifts are easy to operate. To use a stair lift, you just need to sit on the seat, put on the seatbelt, press and hold the rocker switch, which is located on the armrest of the chair and they will be on their way up/down the stairs. To stop the stair lift, release the switch and the lift will stop moving. In addition, these devices come with remote control options which are helpful if more than one person needs to use the lift. If a person is at the top landing of the staircase and the lift is at the bottom, push the “up” arrow button on the remote to send the chair to the top landing.
- Eliminates risk of falls on stairs – Staircase slips and falls are one of the most common causes of injuries resulting in disability. Installing a stairlift eliminates this risk.
- Flexibility – Stairlifts are designed to suit the staircases that are straight or curved or spiral. This device can be installed on any side of a stairway. Left-handed or right-handed controls are available and each lift comes with remote controls.
- Cost-effective and Quick Installation – Stairlifts are more affordable than accessibility devices. They are easy to install and remove if required. All that is needed is a rail, along which the lift moves up and down. Stair lifts can also be fitted for temporary purposes. Elevators are permanent installations that are space consuming and expensive and it may require 2 or 3 days for the installation.
- Customization Options – Stair lifts are not a one-size-fits-all. For instance, a curved stairlift is custom made to fit the twists and turns of the staircase. In certain cases, customers also have a say in many specific functions including how their stairlift should look like. Stair lift functions can be specifically tailored to suit individual needs to overcome the challenges faced by the user. Reputable accessibility equipment dealers provide excellent installation support. Expert technicians will assess all the different aspects like the width, length and design of the staircase to install the stairlift correctly. Installation is completed quickly and takes less than a day
Mobility challenges should not lock elderly people within their home. By installing a stairlift, they can comfortably, easily and safely go up and down the stairs without any assistance.
Both Apple and Microsoft recently announced accessibility tech updates designed to better meet the needs of the disability community These include: Door Detection, a navigation…
BUDGET FRIENDLY IDEAS FOR CREATING ACCESSIBLE HOMES Inaccessibility tends to show itself in the details, and they’re often hardest to spot at home. Since it’s…
A reliable portable ramp can help make living your life to the fullest a little easier, no matter where you travel. Portable ramps come in…