Dear Valued NSM Client,
As we all continue to experience the increased impact of COVID-19 (Coronavirus), we feel it is important you know what we are doing as a company to continue to keep you safe, healthy, and moving through life.
Your well-being is always our top priority and remains our focus amidst growing concerns regarding the impact of this virus. We continue to monitor and make decisions based on the guidelines set forth by the government, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO) and local health officials.
At NSM, incorporating precautionary measures to ensure a clean and safe experience for you at all times is a standard way of doing business and that is reflected in our accreditation from The Joint Commission. As part of our accreditation it is required to have infection control policies in place, along with very specific sanitizing standards. At this time, we are placing emphasis on the importance of following our policies and implementing additional actions to further ensure a safe work environment. Specifically,
- Disinfecting commonly used surfaces, such as, evaluation rooms, doorknobs, keyboards, remote controls, desktops, etc.) before and after each use.
- Avoiding touching eyes, nose and mouth at all times.
- Restricting visitors to our facilities except for clients and those directly supporting our clients.
- Implementing new screening procedures prior to client interactions to minimize risk of exposure.
We are also reminding all staff to initiate personal protection measures suggested by the CDC and encourage you to do the same.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Put distance between yourself and other people to limit possible exposure. This is especially important for people who are at higher risk of getting very sick.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow. Throw used tissues in the trash immediately.
- Clean AND disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily.
We are committed to continuing your care. We are partnering with our clinical teams and clients to offer alternative solutions for appointments including:
- At the your home
- In the nearest NSM branch
- Delivery drop-offs at a clinical facility
- The use of telehealth where compliant and appropriate
While all of our facilities remain open, we have plans in place to supplement client assistance if for some reason one of our facility’s operations are disrupted.
We remain committed to serving our clients with heart, in the safest way possible. For the most recent information about COVID-19 (Coronavirus), you may reference the websites for the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO) or your local health department. For specific information about symptoms you may be experiencing or questions about personal exposure, please call your physician directly.
Thank you for allowing us to serve you.
Bill Mixon, CEO