Portable Wheelchair Ramps – For Easy Access over Vehicles and Raised Landings
Accessing stairs, steps, raised thresholds, raised landings and vehicles can be challenging for wheelchair or mobility scooter users. Installing ramps can help overcome this issue. Wheelchair ramps come in different types and sizes and include custom, modular and portable ramps. National Seating & Mobility offers portable wheelchair ramps from top brands such as EZ-Access and Prairie View Industries.
Ideal for use in both commercial and residential settings, portable wheelchair ramps helps wheelchair or mobility scooter users to safely and comfortably get in and out of vehicles (including vans, SUVs or trucks), ascend and descend steps and allows easy transition over a threshold. It is an inclined plane that can be placed at the steps leading to the front or back entry doors of your building, from your garage into your home, at the side door or rear door of a vehicle, or on the threshold of a room.
Portable ramps come equipped with several premium features such as –
- Affordable and easy to install
- Ultra-strong, durable and safe
- Lightweight and handy, making them easy to carry, use and store
- Accommodate wheelchairs and scooters with various wheel configurations
- Anti-slip surface (provides traction in all weather conditions)
Top Five Models of Portable Ramps
Here discussed are the top five models of portable ramps to be used in your residential as well as commercial settings –
- Suitcase ramps – It can be used on the stairs, cars, trucks, and other low to moderate rises. Featuring a single fold design, the device allows wheelchair and scooter users to immediately access steps, vehicles, and raised landings with ease. The unique design of the ramp system allows them to quickly split into two pieces, making it easier and lighter to carry and store. Reliable models of suitcase wheelchair ramps include – Top Lip Extension, Suitcase ramp Signature series and Advantage series from EZ-Access.
- Aluminum & rubber threshold ramps – Ideal for commercial and residential applications, these lightweight ramps are designed for doorways, sliding glass doors, shower and even raised landings. These can be used indoors as well as outdoors and are portable, durable and easy to install. Top models of this ramp are available from EZ-Access.
- Multifold ramps – Multifold ramps are perfect for accommodating wheelchairs and scooters with various wheel configurations. It also allows rear door access on utility trailers, SUVs, and vans, allowing wheelchairs or scooters to easily roll in and out of these transport vehicles. These ramps are easy to carry and store and hence can be folded like a suitcase. Other standard safety features include – safety DVD, steel security pins and safety guide. Top models include – WCR series (600-800 lb capacity) and EZ-Access Trifold Ramp Advantage Series (800lb capacity).
- Solid wheelchair ramps – This solid one-piece ramp is an excellent choice as a temporary ramp or when a more permanent ramp is desired. It is ideal for scooters, walkers, wheelchairs, canes and crutches. This 6″ aluminum ramp can accommodate wider chairs and comes with a total weight capacity of 850 pounds. The models are EZ-Access pathway ramp classic series and W/HR classic series.
- Wheelchair ramps for vans, SUV’s and trucks – These ramps are designed to help load wheelchairs or scooters into and out of transport vehicles such as vans, trucks and SUVs. It can accommodate wheelchairs and scooters with various wheel configurations and up to 400 pounds of weight. The ramp can be folded to carry like a suitcase. The top models are Prairie View Industries Rear Door Van Ramps and Multifold Reach.
Locate a Reputable Dealer
If you are planning to buy portable wheelchair and scooter ramps, choose a reliable and reputable dealer in accessibility equipment. National Seating & Mobility will offer proper guidance for choosing the right product suiting individual needs and also provide professional installation support to set up your ramp quickly and efficiently.