If your home has stairs or changes in elevation that are impossible for you or your loved one to navigate any longer, there are some great solutions available. Even if you have limited landing space, there are still options to grant access to those stairs or raised levels. Stairlifts or Vertical Platform Lifts (also known as Wheelchair Elevators) are worth looking into to grant access for any type of mobility issue.
Stairlifts and Vertical Platform Lifts are both available for interior or exterior use. That means that whether you are in a wheelchair, use a power scooter, a walker, cane or are unable to navigate stairs due to injury, health or growing older, you can still use all parts of your home. One of these amazing solutions may even keep you from moving from the multi-level home you love.
- Take up very little room with a rail system installed along existing stairs
- The attractive supportive chair folds up out of the way when not in use
- Available in models for indoor and outdoor use
- Can be fit for use on curved, straight, spiral and multi-landing staircases
- Have a second power source in case of an outage
- Offer a safe, smooth, easy lift up and down existing stairs
- The low-profile rails and the comfortable chair are available in choice of colors
- There is a platform model which can carry a wheelchair in use up and down the rail system
- Some models are available to rent
Vertical Platform Lifts
- Take up a small amount of floor space
- Self-standing mini Elevators that lift a person, wheelchair or scooter straight up and down
- Available in models for interior or exterior use
- Great for raised decks, second floors, lower basements, apartments…
- Choose from open or enclosed platform lifts
- Safe, reliable lifts to encourage independent access and movement to upper and lower levels
- Great solution for home, office, church, and business use
- Offers access for those in wheelchairs, scooters, using walkers, canes, or for anyone who cannot safely navigate stairs.