Summary of Position
The Reimbursement Supervisor is responsible for assisting the Reimbursement Team Manager. Supervisor will be responsible for all administrative functions for their respective team and assisting in the monitoring of the work of the Reimbursement Specialists. The Supervisor will act as the Team Manager when the Team Manager is not present. Will act as a resource for the Reimbursement Specialists by answering questions, providing training and ensuring all work assigned to their team is completed to meet the expectations set by the Vice President of Reimbursement.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The following is a summary of the major job processes for this position:
- Monitor and review Aged A/R
- Maintain and monitor Payroll/Attendance. To include Time Adjustments, Time-off Requests, Overtime and Bi-weekly Payroll Reports.
- Review and process Write Off Requests
- Research payer issues when identified by collector as problematic. Present proposed solution to Quality Assurance Supervisor to resolve.
- Coordinate with the Quality Assurance Team in training and auditing of new employees
- Assist with collections coverage when needed due to absences, vacations, etc.
- First level for employee questions relating to job functions in collections. Collector meetings for individual questions.
- Distribute updated Payer information as needed when received from Team Manager, QA or Payer Relations Team.
- Monitor Productivity Reports
- Other duties as assigned.
The following qualifications are the minimum necessary to adequately perform this job. However, any equivalent combination of experience, education and training which provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities would be acceptable.
- Education: High School Diploma required.
- Experience: Three + years healthcare collections/billing experience preferred. Knowledge of government payer regulations desired.
- Specialized Knowledge and Skills: Extensive working knowledge of billing and collections for Medicare, Medicaid and commercial payers. Good oral and communication skills. Working knowledge of Microsoft suite of products. Ability to work within the team framework.