Statement of the Position:
The Regional Customer Service Manager (RCSM) position is responsible for developing and maintaining effective customer service for all internal and external customers at National Seating and Mobility. This role provides strategic and operational leadership for Customer Service Representatives (CSRs) within the region’s branches. Works in partnership with Regional Vice President, Regional Area Directors, Area Funding Directors, Area Managers, and Branch Leadership to elevate customer service levels within NSM branches, ensuring all CSR operational procedures are completed with excellence and in accordance with company policy. Utilizes in-depth knowledge of company products and programs to build a strong customer service brand for NSM. Reports to Senior Vice President of Funding and Customer Service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Partners with the Customer Service Leadership Team to develop strategies and procedures that make NSM’s CSR’s effective and efficient members of branch operations. Works to elevate customer service standards throughout the region. Effectively develops and executes CSR training and improvement.
2. May provide direct management to CSR’s, and / or support Branch Leadership in directing the region’s CSR Team.
3. Partners with Customer Service Leadership to create and maintain training material for onboarding and continuous education.
4. Provides leadership and support in recruiting, staffing and selection processes for CSR roles within the region. Ensures that onboarding programs are administered with excellence.
5. Tracks and communicates key performance indicators with CSR’s and key stakeholders. Leads strong execution of performance management programs within the region. Works with the Customer Service Leadership Team to set performance standards for the function. Works with Branch Leadership to ensure that performance reviews and performance plans are done effectively with all CSR’s. Takes ownership of identifying promotable CSR’s and creates development plans for their growth. Is an effective coach for CSR’s, a trusted adviser.
6. Provides regional leadership for branch responsiveness to internal and external phone calls. Ensures that branch calls are answered in a helpful and courteous manner. Builds training programs to ensure calls and inquiries are brought to a conclusion in a professional manner. Implements strategies to communicate effectively with clients and customers.
7. Develops training and processes for CSR assistance in accepting delivery of goods at branch, when necessary.
8. Leads the development of programs, processes and training for CSR involvement in work order creation, delivery and evaluation scheduling, preventative maintenance scheduling, Joint Commission follow-up calls, and Client demographics entry. Drives consistency in the use of the CSR work queue.
9. Develops training for CSR’s on performing data entry of all pertinent information, including scanning documentation received. Develops processes for filing documents and folders within the branch.
10. Responsible for continuing education related to regional job duties, i.e. remaining informed about and familiar with NSM’s current and/or new policies and procedures, leading communications for CSR’s on WNSM, and staying relevant on new business initiatives that affect CSR’s.
11. Additional responsibilities determined by direct supervisor.
• Strong Leadership Reputation
• High Communication Proficiency – Both Written and Verbal
• Customer/Client Focus – Sets the bar for customer service
• Strong Decision Making Ability
• Strong Problem Solving/Analysis – To include data analysis
• Drive for Results
• Teamwork Orientation
• Technical Capacity
Minimum Job Requirements:
• High school diploma or G.E.D. required, college degree preferred
• 5-8 Years of leadership experience
• 2-3 Years of experience in a call center environment
• 1-2 Years of inside sales experience
• Proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
• Customer service management experience within a service related business
• Sets a high personal example of strong customer service, in own performance
• Ability to do extensive travel throughout the region. (Generally 50% travel)
• Drug screen and background clearance