WE ARE HERE TO KEEP YOU MOVING.
With National Seating & Mobility (NSM), you have the confidence of knowing that we not only offer personalized mobility solutions, but expert service and maintenance to help keep your equipment in good working order so you can get where you need to go comfortably and safety. Our Service Centers and experienced technicians stand ready to assist you with the same personal attention you’ve come to expect.
In addition, we care for every chair, regardless of who provided it. Because your satisfaction, and your independence, is why we are here. You can depend upon our dedicated service and repair team for prompt, efficient attention. At NSM, we are here to keep you moving.
Need service or repair? Find your nearest branch to schedule an appointment at the branch.
Annual Maintenance: 20-Point Inspection
Keeping you mobile–that’s our primary goal. We take this goal very seriously. We offer an annual 20-point inspection of your chair because each component–from the simplest part to the most complex–plays a role in your comfort and safety. Day in and day out, each part gets lots of strenuous use and proper maintenance keeps your chair in top working order so it can always get where you need to go.
20-Point Inspection Includes:
- Upholstery & Arm Pad: Check for cracks and wear
- Armrests: Check, adjust
- Seating System: Check brackets
- Pneumatic Tires: Check tread and pressure
- Solid Tires: Check for wear and tightness
- Wheels: Spikes/mags
- Hand Rims & Mounting Hardware
- Wheel Locks: Check for tightness, function
- Casters: Check for wear
- Bearings: Check caster/stem condition and adjust
- Front Riggings: Check footplates, heel loops
- Frame: Check side frame, cross braces, side posts
- Tips and Grips: Check for wear
- Pulleys, Belts, Clutches: Check for wear
- Cables: Check for visible wear
- Batteries: Test
- Joystick, Controller: Check for secure mounting
- Reset Switch: Ensure it is present and operational
- General: Ensure that the chair operates properly in all directions/modes
- Check axles and sleeves every six months to confirm they are tight.
- Confirm the battery is fully charged and electrical connections are tight and not corroded.
- Check the brakes daily on a level surface.
- Keep all surfaces clean and free from foreign substances, such as mud, dirt, food, drink, etc.
- Check inflatable tire pressure WEEKLY and maintain tire pressure as shown on sidewall.
- Extreme heat or cold are not good for any chair. Store chair systems in moderate temperatures.
- Approach any unknown path, door, drop-off or raised surface with caution before proceeding.
- Avoid any surface, interior or exterior, when unsure of chair stability.
- Do not attempt to enter a vehicle unassisted.
- Observe chair weight limits. Never lean, reach or bend while seated or take friends for rides.
- On inclines, keep chair moving slow and steady. Avoid sudden starts and stops.
- Make safety checks on your chair’s tires, battery and joystick before each use.
- Really read your owner’s manual before using your chair for the first time.
- To avoid tipping over, avoid high speeds and sudden movements when turning corners.