National Seating & Mobility, Inc. is a leader in the Durable Medical Equipment and Rehabilitation Technology Industry. We provide customized, adaptive seating systems to those in need across the country. Our mission is to provide our clients with the right chair and the best care to meet the long-term therapeutic needs prescribed by their physician and/or therapist.
We are a progressive, growth-oriented corporation in need of a full-time Insurance Funding Specialist Lead. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, paid time off and more.
As a Funding Specialist Lead, you will assist the Regional Processing Director in the daily operation of the processing department as well as training and coaching of the processing staff. This position will coordinate with the Regional Processing Director to ensure all operational procedures are completed in accordance with company policy and within expected time frames. Time management and flexibility will be keys for success in this position.
Additional duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to :
- Assists in fielding billing and payer concerns and correspondence.
- Supports the Regional Processing Director in performance monitoring and evaluation process.
- Communicates team status, task accomplishment and direction to management
- Facilitates and circulates weekly reporting including Compliance, Backlog, Review of Processing Queues, MIRs, and MIR Calls as well as provides coaching in these areas in parallel.
- Performs routine auditing to assist in identifying coaching opportunities ensuring the performance of staff is of a high standard.
- Occasionally may assist with new business acquisitions, branches that have temporary needs for processing and/or travel to other markets to aid during seasonal high-volume needs.
- Develops, implements and monitors training and coaching with staff including onboarding and continuing education training and training materials.
- Provides direction, instructions and guidance to staff to achieve goals based on management direction while facilitating problem solving and collaboration.
- Recognizes and celebrates team and team member accomplishments and exceptional performance.
- Assists in resolving customer complaints and concerns.
- Ensures compliance with National Seating & Mobility policies and procedures.
- Assists in the selection of new team members and identifying talent.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. Required, College Degree Preferred
- Has minimum of 2 years of experience related to Durable Medical Equipment and/or Complex Rehab Technology required, preferred experience in all aspects of a Funding Specialist’s position including how to process both Repairs and Non-Repairs.
- Has extensive knowledge of the process and insurance guidelines to secure funding for Durable Medical Equipment (DME) and/or Complex Rehab Technology including comprehensive knowledge of insurance verification for DME.
- Excellent computer and technology skills including good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, Outlook and Power Point; Experience with Excel to include spreadsheets and formulas and outlook email is required.
- Clear voice on the telephone, hearing acuity that allows for understanding over the telephone, prolonged sitting, and visual abilities.
- Manual dexterity that allows the use of PC’s for extended periods of time.
- Develops and maintains working knowledge of current durable medical equipment and policies and procedures held by National Seating & Mobility as well as all applicable insurance guidelines regarding eligibility for coverage and reimbursement.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business reports, technical procedures, work instructions, and governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and develop training materials.