Statement of the Position:
The General Manager (GM) of Operations position exists to plan, direct, coordinate and manage the work of personnel within a given branch. The General Manager must ensure quality, customer care and service as well as manage people to create and maintain safe, efficient and productive operations. The General Manager has direct oversight of their respective branch financially and operationally, including responsibility for results in terms of productivity, methods of work, profit and loss and employee retention.
At all levels, working at National Seating & Mobility provides the opportunity to directly impact our client’s lives by giving them self-reliance and independence. Our teams are comprised of passionate individuals, dedicated to providing the best care to each client. We focus on abilities by leveraging technology and creating mobility solutions that are as unique as our client’s needs.
Working at National Seating & Mobility is an opportunity to build a meaningful career, while leaving a lasting impact on the lives of those we serve. Located in more than 40 states, we strive for diversity and offer an array of benefits including 401k, company paid leave, and tuition reimbursement.
We are looking to grow our enthusiastic and engaged team at NSM. Submit your resume and join a group of enthusiastic professionals dedicated to changing lives.
Duties and Responsibilities / Essential Functions:
- Full oversight and responsibility to branch transaction cycle time, margins, expenses and top/bottom line revenue goals.
- Oversees and assists sales force, including RTS and ATP roles to increase productivity and overall transaction cycle.
- Ensures orders are entered and completed in all inventory systems for timely delivery to clients.
- Responsible for executing customer service and service programs compliant with all company standards.
- Accountable for organizational activities and operations being carried out in compliance with company policies and procedures, applicable federal, state and local laws as well as Joint Commission standards.
- Oversees and directs branch quality and performance improvement. Monitors compliance with productivity and performance standards.
- Reports appropriate metrics to RVP, Regional Area Director, and branch personnel.
- Ensures that the branch is properly staffed. May assist with interviewing final candidates, training, and motivating staff to achieve the objectives of the organization.
- Collaborates with Human Resources to resolve employee concerns and issues.
- Addresses and resolves client concerns at the branch level.
- Assures proper maintenance and care of facilities, vehicles and property.
- Manages inventory to ensure sales and rental inventories are managed in a cost-effective manner.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, printers, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands repetitively to operate standard office equipment. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms.
Required Education, Experience, & Competencies:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years in a of progressive management experience overseeing a complex business with aggregate financial and operational responsibility.
- Ability to communicate (both verbal and written) effectively with leadership, clients, customers of the client and support staff.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He/She will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his/her supervisor.Apply Here