National Seating & Mobility, Inc. is a leader in the Durable Medical Equipment and Rehabilitation Technology Industry. We provide customized wheelchairs and adaptive seating systems for individuals who have been diagnosed as having a permanent or long-term loss of mobility due to trauma, physical abnormality, structural defect or disease.
Our mission is to provide our clients with the right chair and the best care to meet the long-term therapeutic needs prescribed by their physician and/or therapist. We are a progressive, growth-oriented corporation. We offer competitive compensation and a benefits package that includes medical, dental, paid time off, and more. For more information on NSM, please visit our website: www.nsm-seating.com.
- Responsible for preparing and submitting timely and accurate initial claims (to include initial claims on rental orders) to payers following prescribed policies and procedures.
- Enters certain demographic data into the billing and collections software following prescribed policies and procedures.
- Generates claims for both electronic and hard-copy submission.
- Generates Missing Information Requests (MIR) following prescribed policies and procedures.
- Responsible for reviewing electronic rejections and making necessary corrections so that claims can be resubmitted to the payer in a timely manner.
- Identifies and reports violations of NSM Credit Policy
- Participates in collecting and documenting payer specific claims processing rules, practices and guidelines to contribute to, and maintain, the currency and accuracy of payer requirements for NSM personnel.
- Conducts reviews of scanned billing documents at the time of final funding approval to identify issues that will or could be a barrier to billing the claim when the delivery is completed.
- Clear voice on the telephone, hearing acuity that allows for understanding over the telephone, prolonged sitting, and visual abilities.
- Manual dexterity that allows the use of PC’s for extended periods of time.
Required Education, Experience & Competencies:
- High School Diploma or equivalency certificate.
- 1 to 2 years related medical billing position experience desired – preferably with DME experience.
- Experience in working with billing software highly desirable. Knowledge of medical billing and insurance claim filing, communications skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Strong data entry skills- keyboarding/accuracy/speed.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft suite of products (i.e. Outlook, Word and Excel) and Adobe Acrobat.