National Seating & Mobility (NSM) Inc. is a leader in the Durable Medical Equipment and Rehabilitation Technology Industry. We provide customized, adaptive seating systems to those in need across the country. Our mission is to provide our clients with the right chair and the best care to meet the long-term therapeutic needs prescribed by their physician and/or therapist.
NSM is a progressive, growth-oriented corporation in need of a full time Wheelchair Technician. We offer competitive compensation and a benefits package that includes medical, dental, paid time off, and more. NSM’s Technicians have the opportunity to apply for a program and earn their ATP while working. This opening offers an excellent opportunity for growth. For more information about NSM, please click here.
This full time position at our corporate office in Franklin TN requires someone who is dedicated and punctual. Human Resource Generalist
Statement of position
The HR Generalist is a full-time, exempt level position that contributes to our goal of being a top employer in our industry. This individual will lead generalist activities such as recruiting/staffing, onboarding, training/development, compliance and retention activities.
• Works in a team setting with other HR Generalists and Specialists to build a strong employment culture. Provides HR support to over 1200 employees across the nation.
• Participates in developing Human Resource People Strategies, goals, objectives and systems.
• Understands company business model. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in the efficiency of the department and services performed.
• Leads the full cycle recruitment process: Ensures the job description is prepared, advertises through job postings, sources passive candidates online, reviews resumes, conducts phone screens, schedules interviews, leads onsite interviews, tracks and evaluates candidates, conducts background and reference checks, prepares offer letters and independent contracting agreements, extend offers, sends out new hire notifications.
• Ensures all new hires are provided a positive on-boarding experience. Responsible for new hire orientation and paperwork (I-9, W4, company handbook, etc.) plus benefits sign up. Creates employee records in HRIS system. Monitors the performance and satisfaction of new hires.
• Understands and administers company benefits (retirement and health benefits, PTO, disability) and assists in communicating benefit information to employees.
• Assists with the management and development of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains employee handbook and policies and procedures manual.
• Leads and assists management with performance review process; coaches managers on productive performance review and development discussions
• Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to managers and supervisors; manages the resolution of employee relations issues.
• Assists management with compensation administration and merit increases.
• Reviews corrective action communications; reviews and approves all employee separation communications prior to discharges.
• Manages the facilitation of employee attitude surveys and exit interviews. Leads in preparation of action plans to address areas of opportunity.
• Assists in the development and updates of job descriptions to reflect current duties and expectations.
• Oversees unemployment claims; coordinates UE hearings with representative.
• Oversees workplace safety initiatives and on-the-job injury claims; ensures timely processing and accuracy of paperwork.
• Oversees leaves of absence; ensures timely processing of paperwork; ensures records are accurate and complete.
• Oversees the maintenance of all personnel / confidential files; ensures they are accurate, current, and compliant.
• Remains current on all employment laws and ensures compliance.
• Maintains compliance with governmental reporting; maintains other records and reports as needed.
• Maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database.
• Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Minimum of 3 years of progressive HR experience.
BA/BS degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Business Management or Administration, or other related field.
PHR or other related certification a plus.
Knowledge of human resource functions including recruiting, staffing, employee relations, compensation, benefits, performance management, unemployment, worker’s compensation, safety, leave administration, regulatory compliance and organizational development.
Demonstrated experience in managing a variety of employee relations issues and counseling all levels of staff, while working in a fast paced environment.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, analytical ability, problem solving skills, initiative and attention to detail.
Ability to uphold a high level of confidentiality.
Strong organizational skills in managing multiple projects simultaneously.
Ability to build strong internal and external relationships.
Ability to maintain calm under pressure; works well under tight deadlines.
Ability to work independently without regular direct supervision.
Knowledge of Microsoft Suite products with intermediate abilities in MS Word and Excel.