National Seating & Mobility (NSM) Inc. is a leader in the Durable Medical Equipment and Rehabilitation Technology Industry. We provide customized, adaptive seating systems to those in need across the country. Our mission is to provide our clients with the right chair and the best care to meet the long-term therapeutic needs prescribed by their physician and/or therapist. NSM is a progressive, growth-oriented corporation in need of a full time Wheelchair Technician. We offer competitive compensation and a benefits package that includes medical, dental, paid time off, and more. NSM’s Technicians have the opportunity to apply for a program and earn their ATP while working. This opening offers an excellent opportunity for growth. For additional information about NSM, please click here.
Coordinates with the Area Funding Director, Funding Supervisor, Branch Manager, Rehabilitation Technology Supplier (RTS), and other office support personnel to ensure all
operational procedures are completed in accordance with company policy and within expected time frames. Responsible for gathering information and documents pertinent to the funding package and ensuring that all documentation is in place in order to obtain quality authorizations for equipment and repairs.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• 2 years’ experience in Complex Rehab Technology, Medical Billing, or Funding
• High school diploma or G.E.D.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
• Drug screen and background clearance
• Travel ~ 20%
• Proven record of excellent people skills including good communication and inter-personal skills
• Strong leadership skills
• Strong Team Player
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Customer service driven
• Excellent computer and technology skills including good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, Outlook and Power Point; Experience with Excel to include spreadsheets and formulas and outlook email is required
• Ability to be a strong role model for high performance and productivity
• Ability to manage and develop others remotely
• Ability to travel to other markets occasionally
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business reports, technical procedures, work instructions, and governmental regulations
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and develop training materials
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from a variety of staff
• Basic understanding of and willingness to learn and adopt professional and industry standards
Duties and Responsibilities
• Manages transaction cycle time (TCT) from Ready to Process to Funding Approval,
making certain that all necessary steps are taken in the appropriate order ensuring
timeliness of process and quality of funding approval.
• May have a permanent or changing caseload assignment.
• Supports Funding Specialist training and mentoring under the direction of the Area
Funding Director and/or Funding Supervisor.
• Supports the integration of orders and new employee training during acquisitions.
• Ensure all client information (Minimum Documentation Requirement) is correct and is
input into the work order.
• Verifies client benefits and coverage.
• Gathers documentation for funding package, including but not limited to: proper
prescriptions, Letters of Medical Necessity (LMN), RTS evaluation information, price
lists, forms (AOB, ABN, rent or purchase letter).
• Investigates and updates any payer requirements.
• Notifies clients of financial responsibility.
• Follows up with payer sources in order to obtain timely authorization, by properly
working the Funding Work Queue.
• Requests and obtains proper approval for work order credit exceptions.
• Conducts pre-purchase quality assurance to ensure all approvals and requirements are
met prior to purchase of equipment.
• Conducts pre-delivery verification to ensure all approvals and requirements are met
prior to delivery of equipment.
• Posts deliveries daily upon verification of proper documentation.
• Works the Missing Information Request (MIR) and Front End Adjustment (FEA) reports
weekly at minimum to address corrections and future errors.
• Performs any related job duties assigned by the Area Funding Director or Funding
Supervisor. Carries out all position expectations in a professional manner and with
• Responsible to complete all continuing education requirements to include assigned NSM
• Must maintain regular and predictable attendance.
Above functions will be completed in accordance with standards set by NSM policy and/or the Area Funding Director or Funding Supervisor.
Position Reports To:
• Area Funding Director or Funding Supervisor
Individuals will be expected to maintain a professional work environment at all times. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He/She will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his/her supervisor.
Individuals will be expected to maintain a professional work environment at all times and may be limited to a certain amount of personal items at work stations. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He/she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his/her supervisor.Apply Here